Sunday, November 29, 2009

Mod Podge Christmas Frames

At Thanksgiving all the girls (and once and awhile - a boy or two) do a Christmas craft. This year we were too busy at Thanksgiving to get our crafts done so we postponed until today!

My mom had seen this cute idea of mod podge-ing a wood frame with Christmas scraping paper (or anything you like really) and making these cute little frames.

So here they are my peeps:


a wood frame

Christmas scrap paper

some smiling faces...and mod podge of course

a little paint if you like.

a brush and a swift hand.

you don't need me, but this is me, trying to look busy.

my frame. I sanded the edges and then used a stamp pad to enhance them...I like it.

"strike a pose Nikki-poo." and she did it.
she's so easy going like that. i need easy going people while being creative.

oh yeah, you'll probably need and exacto knife too.

This sweet boy joined us after his nap.
(well both are sweet boys, but I'm talkin about the little one.)
You always need sweet faces when you are crafting. Right?!

And then this one joined us after his nap. He paints and colors everything green because "it's my (his) favorite color."

The finished products. Aren't they cute.
(Kasi (the red one on the end) painted all those little snowflakes and swirls. She used no paper to mod podge. She's talented like that)


Go and mod podge something!
It's so much fun.


8 comments:

  1. I'm still taking it personal that I haven't been invited to one of these craft sessions. I know I'm not family - but Whatever! You could totally adopt me for one evening. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo super impressed....now I want to try it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute! I bought frames at the dollar store last week and was just thinking of getting out the modge podge! I love your frames! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, don't ya'll look so cute crafting together! Nice results AND cute hair cut too by the way! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super Crafty Girl! I am impressed! It looks like some fun family time, great moments to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are very cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete