Friday, September 4, 2009

Quote Book

When I was in college I did a study abroad program in London, England. Let me just tell you, it was probably one of the best experiences I have ever had in my life. I stepped out of my comfort zone, not knowing a soul who was going. I had 4 flat mates...2 of which I got along with GREAT. One of which I think is the oddest person I have EVER met in my life. I, to this day, have a heart string just for London. I have such fond memories. I was 19 when I lived in London for an entire semester and survived AND came out of it a better person.

When my friends and I went to leave our semester abroad my friend, Mandy, unbeknown to me had been creating a quote book to give to a few of us as a gift. I must say, this quote book was probably one of my favorite gifts. I love to look back on our quotes and laugh my rear end off. Unfortunately to others who were not there, I'm sure the quote book is not as funny, but to me it is hilarious. Anyways, I kept this quote book up through college. I wrote down random funny or ironic quotes my friends (or random people...yes, even you may have a quote in my quote book) said. I LOVE getting my quote book out about once a year and reading it, and like I said, laughing until my sides hurt.

So, I guess the point of this post is to suggest doing this. I promise you, you'll love it. It's great to remind your friends of all the fun times you have together. And honestly, who doesn't need a good laugh once and awhile?!

4 comments:

  1. OMW! We are kindred spirits! I did a study abroad in Oxford the summer of my junior year of college (in 1997) and like you, I have a heart string for england, (esp Oxford). We took a field trip there, and I went into London twice with with a friend on the weekend and saw just about everything. I went not knowing a soul, I was like 21 and I had NEVER been on an airplane and off I went. I met some seriously great friends from other colleges and to this day three of us are still in touch, two of us were even in the other ones wedding and for her wedding, she did something similar for us that you are talking about. We should talk and do a show and tell sometime. I made my friend a spiral bound book of ALL the emails we sent back and forth to each other from Oxford to Alaska in that six weeks. It's wonderful to go back and read...Oh good memories, thanks for bringing it to mind today! (I wrote a book here, didn't I?) I feel bad for anyone who comments after me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! I've never had an adventure like that! The brave girls camp will be my first time doing anything like this and I will only be gone 4 nights- How fun to read that quote book and have so many wonderful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SARAH- I had no idea you did the same thing. I absolutely LOVED Oxford when I was there. It was one of my favorite places in England. We should so get together sometime and have fun reminiscing :) Thanks for the long comment too, loved it!

    Lissa- Thanks so much. I just know you are going to love Brave Girl camp too :) You'll have to do a quote book/journal to remember everything that happens with your new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of a quote book. There is just something really special in looking back on funny things your friends and especially your little ones say.

    ReplyDelete