Thursday, September 17, 2009

Apples and a Festival

This weekend our local community holds the annual Apple Festival. I don't get too into the Apple Festival. I didn't grow up in these parts (not far away though) but it's never been a tradition or anything. However I have and will be attending this year for a few reasons:

1. Caramel Apples
2. Apple Dumplings
3. Our church service is held here on Sunday
4. I'm running in a relay where you have to carry a gallon of cider, trying not to spill it of course.
5. Did I mention - Caramel Apples WITH NUTS.

Oh boy, doesn't it sound like fun. (This list is not in order of what I deem important, it's just a list.)

6. I think I forgot, soft pretzels. Which if this list were in order of importance this one would be at the top. Because I often leave without an apple dumpling (even though I want one) but I never leave without a soft pretzel.

Did I also mention that Bart always says he doesn't want a Caramel Apple and then he proceeds to eat a majority of mine? It's true. He's such a stinker.

So as our colds are slowly dwindling away we are looking forward to enjoying some of our weekend eating lots of apple desserts and enjoying the weather because September is proving to be one of the best months this summer has seen.




And I'm leaving you with this picture:

1. Because last year at this time I was pregnant and sicker than a dog...so I'm thankful I'm not pregnant.

2. Every post looks better with a picture.

3. I like to make Nikki take weird pictures with me :) No really, Bart had posed this way with me (touching bellies the first time I was prego, which is when this was) and so I made her do it to.

4. I just wanted to make another list b/c it's kind of uncharacteristic of me, so I thought I might as well do it again.

3 comments:

  1. OOOO YUMMY SOFT PRETZELS I CANT WAIT!!! :) && PS.... I LOVE THAT PIC OF US!! HAHA!! LOVE YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your randoms are the best. I'm so bummed that I'll probably miss the apple festival this weekend! Stupid nose.

    I'll be sure to have Cory bring home an apple dumpling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. This is in reference to all the food mentions (although baked apples are weirded my least favorite of the fruit family). And congrats on the relay, that sounds like fun. Where's the pics?

    ReplyDelete