Monday, September 28, 2009

Allegan - Round 3

On Sunday morning I had my third, and BEST round, at Allegan. My first time at an antique show/flea market was in July. I'm not gonna lie, I was a little nervous. Not knowing if I would still hate it as much as I did as a kid. I remember pleading with my parents to let me sit in the car while they would go browse around antique stores when I was younger. I would promise I would do no wrong if I could just sit in the car and talk to my brothers. Well this time (in July) I went with my friends on my own accord and hoped I didn't have to beg to go sit in the car. Luckily, I didn't, and I quickly fell in love - if not with all the junk I definitely did with a good Lemon Shake-up!

September marks the last month of the Allegan Antique Show so my Mom and I said it was a must that we go. Especially because I had found a cabinet I LOVED the last time I was there but so sorely missed out on buying it because of my lack decisiveness. I vowed to be more decisive this time. I ended up with some great finds (so yea to decisiveness...it's always paid off for me before, I'm glad I used it again).




This was one of my favorite booths - this and Rhubarb Reign - this booth is by Nest out of Grand Rapids. Loved every bit.


I also love these guys. I have no idea of their name, but I've bought stuff from them a couple times.


Mom looking at Bittersweet, which would soon become our nemesis.


From Nest again. This black cabinet is now mine. I heart it!


Our eyes were bigger than the Murano. Serioulsy, that's me in the back of the car, with no seat and a 2 hour drive home with that stupid, I mean super cool, Bittersweet in my face ;) This picture does absolutely no justice to how much we packed in.


And just when we thought we could squeeze no more in my Mom remembered the pumpkin stand I said I wanted to stop at on the way back b/c they had white pumpkins.
We squeezed 4 pumpkins in.




Here are all of my finds squeezed into one picture. It won't being staying like this, just wanted to be able to see it all.

-One black cabinet.
-One green chair that will be painted black.
-One old well bucket. I find it swoony.
-One white shaved wood pumpkin.
-2 deformed bright orange pumpkins.
-One wood frame that needs something to fill it.

Thank you Allegan, you treated me well this time. And I was brave enough to ask for a lower price on a couple things to save myself some money. That's a miracle. If I'm gonna be cheap I guess I have to be bold sometimes too :)

*************************************

And just a side note...today is my brother-in-laws 20th birthday and he's away at school so we don't have a chance to celebrate so -- Happy Birthday (Uncle) Micah!


Just a reminder that you were my height just 6 years ago...



and we're still pretty close ;)



5 comments:

  1. Oh, I know exactly which pumpkin stand you're talking about and I'm kicking myself for not stopping off for some white pumpkins!

    I LOVE your black cabinet. Good one!!! All of your finds are swoony, in fact. They all look superb grouped together, and of course, being who I am, I hate the thought of you painting over that perfect shade of green. :)

    I am loving it that you are now a bonafide flea market convert.

    And great pics, by the way! I'm glad you picked up the slack, since I didn't really take any!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT PICS!!! I Had So Much Fun!! :) I Love What You Did W/Your New Black Cabinet!! :) PS...Im Still Upset I Didn't Get A GREEN Pear!! HaHa!! Ill Just Have To Listen To You When You Tell Me To Get Something Next Time!! Love You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pics are so gorgeous and fun. I am happy that I've been to Allegan once, so I know jut what you are talking about. I find the well bucket swoony as well and I heart bittersweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seeing your pictures makes me angered that I have to be a "weekend worker". I was quite bitter about missing Allegan. I adore the cabinet...but I have to say, I'm a little surprised you didn't get the chalkboard in the picture with the star. I love all the stuff. Sorry about your scrunchy ride home...well worth it, I'm sure! :)

    ReplyDelete