
Do you ever worry?
I'm a worrier. (Is that even a word?)
Ugh. It totally annoys me.
Yesterday I was captured by worry. I felt it come over me like a wave.
I'm just going to state this right now-
Satan knows this is an easy way to get me off balance.
But I've been watching.
I've been waiting.
I've known he's been trying to sneak in ( and somehow, I still let him).
I easily worry about my children.
I want things to go just as they should.
I want them to do things in the normal (more like quick) timeline.
Camden does things a little slower than Bryce did
and Satan finds this to be a good way to attack.
He knew I was worn out and not feeling good yesterday and he took advantage of it...
After a few wasted hours of worrying I ask my hubby to pray with me.
...and then I ask God for peace.
You better bet I got it.
Thank you Jesus!
And ever since I've been reciting this verse:
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight"
Proverbs 3:5-6
Because these verses say everything I need to know right now.
I can't lean on my own understanding. My own understanding never makes sense when dealing with something that is trying to confuse me. And if I trust in the Lord, I'm not trusting in myself. Hello, huge benefit!
So, today I'm thankful. Thankful for a God who hears me and loves me through my faults.
And once again, I set out to turn my worries over to my King as soon as they pop into my head, instead of dwelling on them.




Bravo!
ReplyDeleteI was consumed with ANXIETY...anxious worry...on Saturday. SO consumed I could not sleep and awoke in the night to torment myself with my worry.
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing that this worry has disabled my ability to even get a prayer out. I'm fighting through it right now and havivng such a hard time feeling like victory is possible even though I KNOW it is!! We have a GREAT GOD!! How does it happen that sometimes our hearts just get OFF?!
I needed this today....thanks girl.
ReplyDeleteJ
I'm so happy that you had peace immediately! It's amazing the power of 2 people uniting together in prayer! He's teaching you to trust! perfect love casts out fear... I've learned it's because you trust him so much you KNOW that He's "got it" and that it's all under his control and that no matter what happens he will ALWAYS turn it for good!
ReplyDeleteI keep thinking of that line from the Rich Mullins song - "He will never break his promise. He has written it upon the sky."
ReplyDeleteNot exactly sure why, but it keeps coming to my mind. We have NO reason to doubt.
(Let's see each other SOON!!)
I really need to read that quote today. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI'm one to talk much about worry. I am often in the same boat as you! I have always loved Proverbs 3:5-6 (who doesn't?). Hope today is filled with less worry than yesterday, my friend!
ReplyDeleteOh girl... I get you. I can be a worrier too. Thank you for that uplifting post. So glad you turned it over and found that peace! He is faithful.
ReplyDeleteAhhhh. Story of my life! I was 4 posts behind, but this is by far my favorite! Every single day I hit Michigan St., I get the exact same achy gut anxiety feeling and all too often (embarassed to say), prayer is not always the first thing on my mind. I don't know what I'm doing, but HE DOES and that's all that matters. Whatever God calls us for...He equips us for it. Great post and thank you!
ReplyDeleteAh, that proverbs 4:5-6 is such a rock in my life as well!!
ReplyDeleteAs I've been browsing through your blog, it looks as though we have a LOT in common! Maybe I'll have to 'follow' along. ;)
I posted about worry a while back as well...come visit!
http://1wonderwomanwannabe.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-to-do-with-worry.html
cheers!