I was in 7th or 8th grade when the song My Achy Breaky Heart was popular.
My boyfriend and I spent an hour making a recording on our (by our, I mean my Mom and Dad's) answering machine with the same tune! We thought we were such a great couple - until we broke up like a day later.
Middle school love (more like, like). So trivial :)
I must not have been too heart broken, I kept the recording on our machine for at least a month.
It really was good...
and my ex-boyfriend was a really good singer...
and cool answering machine messages were all the rage back then.
And then, I hurt my back the other day.
And I told the hubs I hurt my achy breaky back
and that little story popped into my head.
I remember everything by songs.
Aren't you so amused? (I thought so. ;))
Do you remember things by songs too?
Seriously, every person I know has a song.
Or 500.
Just depending on the person.
And the time frame I knew them in.
Well anyhow, just for listening to my wonderful story
I will leave you with some pictures we took after we raked leaves the other day.
This is just the first round of leaf raking.
ugh-ity.
Hence the sore muscles in my back.
Don't worry, I'll be ok.
My boyfriend and I spent an hour making a recording on our (by our, I mean my Mom and Dad's) answering machine with the same tune! We thought we were such a great couple - until we broke up like a day later.
Middle school love (more like, like). So trivial :)
I must not have been too heart broken, I kept the recording on our machine for at least a month.
It really was good...
and my ex-boyfriend was a really good singer...
and cool answering machine messages were all the rage back then.
And then, I hurt my back the other day.
And I told the hubs I hurt my achy breaky back
and that little story popped into my head.
I remember everything by songs.
Aren't you so amused? (I thought so. ;))
Do you remember things by songs too?
Seriously, every person I know has a song.
Or 500.
Just depending on the person.
And the time frame I knew them in.
Well anyhow, just for listening to my wonderful story
I will leave you with some pictures we took after we raked leaves the other day.
This is just the first round of leaf raking.
ugh-ity.
Hence the sore muscles in my back.
Don't worry, I'll be ok.
I wish I would have cared to put on make-up that day. My eyes wouldn't be so squinty. Oh well.
Here's to fall.
Oh, how beautiful you are.
...and to songs that leave me with so many memories :)
Oh, how beautiful you are.
...and to songs that leave me with so many memories :)




Lovely photos! I love Bart's color coordination with the leaves. And that song...I must confess I probably liked it as well back in the day. Does baby got back? :)
ReplyDeletesuch beautiful photos! You look so pretty!
ReplyDeleteWe used to make new messages on our answering machine all the time and my dad would get so mad because he used that phone for business. But they were funny though!
That red tree is amazing! You need to get dipping, girl. (In wax, that is...)
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm positive that Bryce doesn't mind your "squinty" eyes. :)