Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Running

I'm doing it guys. I've signed my self up for some torture, I mean the good kind...if there's such a thing. I am running in my first 5k on Saturday. That's just 3.1 miles or something to that fashion, so it's not too huge. I talked my sweet SIL Nikki into running with me. We hope we don't die and we have promised that if we need to walk some of it, we will. I've been wanting to run the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon (in March) so I figure I better start somewhere. Right? Right. See I'm still talking myself into it. Anyways, just one of those - I'm 30 now and I'm ready to mark this off my list of things I would like to accomplish - things :)

"There is nothing more rewarding than accomplishing what you never thought you could."

8 comments:

  1. First - I'm shocked that you have not run a 5k before, you being Miss "I Love to Run!" and all. Or maybe it's just exercise you love? Anyway, I'm proud of you. You'll do great! I would love to love running, but I just can't find it in me......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right?! Well, I was always too nervous to do it but I finally decided I will just try my best and see. Plus, its helping me get back in shape after having Cam. :) And, running must just stay in your blood after high school track or something...you just can't let it go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTG! I can't even walk 2 1/2 miles let alone run over 3. You might inspire me to give the whole exercise thing a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOOHhhhh Good Luck, you will do great. Looking forward to watching the Disney run.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Beachy Keen Girl...cute name and header by the way.

    I'm so impressed. I love to run, sort of... But I can't imagine doing a race. I prefer the treadmill. Something about running outside does me in. It's like a million times harder. Good luck. I'm sure you will do great:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im picking my new shoes up in fort wayne tomorrow!! YIKES!!! Im So NOT in shape but I guess my new shoes will look good when I pass out and the ambulance will need to be called!! haHa! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I assume the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon is in Florida. What fun! Will you take the boys?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would be a great 1/2 to run!

    ReplyDelete