Bart and I went to get our new plates for our car in Ohio. We were so excited. It's only a 25 or 35 dollar fee for your plates (no matter what type of car you have). So wonderful!
So, there we are getting ready to pay for our plates when they sit our license plate in front of my eyes.
It read DN69UH.
I almost died.
I couldn't say anything.
I kept looking at Bart waiting for him to notice.
Nothing.
Why isn't he seeing this?
We are in seminary and we are going to have to put this plate on our car. YIKES. Maybe no one will notice. Surely people won't think we picked it out. Surely??
Just a side note, for those of you wondering what the problem is with this plate, just know that it could be taken somewhat provocatively.
So anyways, we took the plate and put it on. Bart and I laughed many times at the plate, hoping people didn't notice. Then one day we got together with our friends Keith & Sarah. They had just gotten their new plates too. And what do you know, their plate was even worse than ours.

Yes, people. Their plate read FAGGEY! And in light of their new plate, we weren't so embarrassed by ours. Because people could possibly drive by our car without thinking anything of our plate, but theirs, no way! You couldn't miss that bad boy.
I'm glad we can laugh at the silly things in life. And I'm glad we had such good friends that we could share our license plate woes with.
**Thank you K&S for allowing me to display your plate. What fun times we had laughing when we were in Ohio together**




Hysterical! Both of 'em! And what are the chances? You're a good story-teller. :)
ReplyDeleteHillarious!
ReplyDelete-Bart
Thanks, Shan! :)
ReplyDeleteBrooke,
ReplyDeleteWe LOVE that FA99EY made headlines!! We were proud owners of that car, and recently just donated it to our church for their car minitry. May FA99EY bless another families life as much as she did ours:) Love the post!!!
Sarah Gibson