Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Relax

This is my favorite spot in my entire house. Our landing upstairs. To me, it says "relax."


Have you ever visited the blog The Inspired Room? I love it. She speaks to me. She recently posted about finding your summer bliss. One of her suggestions was to put out some summer books that you would like to read and I thought there would be no better place in my house than on my little table here. Two Sophia Kinsella books (I've never read anything of hers...yet) and two Elizabeth Berg books (If you've never picked up an Elizabeth Berg book, YOU MUST!)

I just love the shells. I still don't know if I love the color of the wall, but I love it for now. It's best we don't talk about paint colors. I've been talking to Bart about painting and he said he might move out with all that I want to do. (Not really, he just wants to get his point across ;) Don't worry I'll win him over. Maybe.)

4 comments:

  1. It's so bizarre to me in this moment that I've never seen your upstairs???! I love it! So beachy and "you". And I'm digging that shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The room looks awesome! I love Sophia Kinsilla books...I think you will too!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice retreat...be sure to use it and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are more than welcome to paint on your own this time around! :) Unfortunatley, painting very dark stained wood (and an enormous amount of it) is among my least favorite things to do in the entire world.

    Love you!

    -Bart

    ReplyDelete