Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Good Night

Most nights Bart and I put the boys down for bed. I normally lay Camden down and Bart normally lays Bryce down. But on nights like tonight, when Bart has a meeting, I get the chance to lay both boys down. I particularly like praying with Bryce before bed. I love to hear for what he prays for. His prayers are so simple and I like that. His prayer tonight (which is generally somewhat the same every night) went like this:

Dear Jesus,
Thank you for the food. (He ALWAYS prays this :)) Thank you for Mommy. Daddy. Cam-a-lam-a-ding-dong (that would be Camden). Grandma. Grandpa. Molly. But Molly died (in a very sympathetic voice, Molly is Bart's families old dog) and Grandpa is really sad. Poor Grandpa. And who else Mommy?

I say "What about Mimi and Poppy."

Oh yeah. Mimi and Poppy. Uncle Nic and Aunt Kasi. Bent-y (Bentley is Ryan and Nikki's dog). And Uncle Nic. Aunt Nikki. Uncle Ryan. Uncle Micah. Uncle Luke. Uncle Caleb. And Aunt Shona.

Mommy, Aunt Shona lives in Ireland! But I don't know where Ireland is. How do you get to Ireland?

"Well, you have to fly, honey".

In a PLANE mommy. "Yep in a plane." OOHHH then you go really fast. "Yep."

And Aunt Shona. Amen.


And this is why I love to pray with children. They just pray and say whatever they think. Bryce never prays for anything but people and food really. Although, he did make me bust into tears at T.J. Maxx one day when Bart's back was hurting and he ask if he could pray for his back. He layed his hands on Bart's back and said "Dear Jesus, please heal my daddy's back. Amen. I love you Daddy." I don't think I could ever be any prouder of my boy then when he prays. It touches my heart and makes me realize once again how thankful I am to have two beautiful boys!

5 comments:

  1. I'll say it again: Bryce reminds me SO much of Calvin at that age! Calvin did very meaningful, impromptu prayers like that when someone was sick/hurt and it always made me cry, too. Great post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loooooove this post...and love listening to my little ones pray just as much!! I agree, the simplicity of it is what gets me every time. They just talk to God like they are talking to a friend. We could all learn from that.

    Eva's prayer recently was, "Dear God thank you for the whistle I got at the birthday party because my other one like that broke. And thank you for my swingset because I use it allllll the time. Amen." Loved it. I loved how she explained to God WHY she was so excited about the whistle.

    Jaden, on the other hand, is only 2 but he knows how to bow his head during a prayer and say "amen" at the end. What cracks me up is if the prayer gets to lengthy (especially before a meal) he will just cut in and say, "AMEN!!!" Cracks me up, although I try hard to stifle my giggles and explain to him we must be patient while people are praying.

    Wow...this was a long comment!! The post was great and I had a lot to share!!!! Ha Ha!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, How sweet and cute!! And of course from one of my two favorite gransons. Soooooooooo reminds me of Bart. Tell Brycey that Grandma will take him to Ireland when Caleb and Shona get married. Then he'll know where Ireland is. Love you. You're a great Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Is Tooooo SWEET!!! I just love him to pieces!! && Its so adorable that he prays for Bent-y too!! haha!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so beautiful. It truly shows how you and Bart have raised him. Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Prov. 22:6

    ReplyDelete