I'm taking a break from my regularly scheduled Bachelor watching at the moment...
I particularly dislike the "getaway" (final 3) date....too much PDA...and enough with the stupid card asking the girls to stay in your room...ICK!
ANYWAYS-
I started going to a new bible study tonight (does it seem odd I'm talking about the Bachelor and my bible study in one blog? Sorry. This is much better, I promise)
I have always enjoyed the Beth Moore study's I have done. This one particularly speaks to my heart right now so I'm super excited to be going through it. The study is focused on living a spirit filled life/exploring the fruits of the spirit (Galatians). We watched the introduction video tonight and I was left pondering quiet a few things that she said, so I'll leave them with you too...
My purpose is beyond me.
My seasonal circumstances are often beyond me.
My unrelenting daily demands are beyond me.
Through the infiltrating power of the Holy Spirit, I can...
Do things I couldn't.
Feel things I didn't.
Know things I wouldn't.
(all from Living Beyond Yourself by Beth Moore)
I love that we know that our purpose, that God has called us to, is beyond ourselves, yet he has given us the holy spirit so that we can live beyond ourselves and do the things God has called us to.
I don't know about you but that's powerful to me. It's powerful to think of the things the Lord has waiting for us in the future - if only we are willing to stretch ourselves and trust Him. What an awesome future awaits...
and that makes me happy and ready to stretch myself!





I was watching the bachelor right along with ya! Last week was the first time I've seen the show in several seasons, but with all the drama surrounding this one, I was drawn in! ;0
ReplyDeleteThat study looks like something that would be right up my alley right now!
Vienna. Ugh.
ReplyDeleteThat study sounds amazing! So with I could have joined the fun!
I LOVE the sound of this study!! It is EXACTLY where I have been since January--the desire to live beyond myself!! You must tell me how it goes!
ReplyDeleteDon't you just love Beth Moore? You go girl! A great way to stretch yourself.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Rhonda
I couldn't agree with you more. Honey and I laughed through that entire cheesy bachelor! And ya just know he's going to pick Vienna, or gasp...neither. In which I will proceed throwing something at the TV and vow to never watch again...like I do every year!!!
ReplyDeletelooks like it's going to be a great study.
ReplyDeletejust the title is enough for me:)
that woman has a gift - i've done many of her studies & they've all had such an impact.
I love the content of your posts. It's so refreshing to find people out there with a love for God. Thanks for not being afraid to let your light shine!
ReplyDeleteI appreciate you coming over and checking out my blog and for leaving a comment! I love comments!
Thanks again
This study sounds wonderful! I'm going through the Esther one right now - every other Monday. I'll be missing The Women Tell all, but will be able to watch the final rose ceremony. pathetic, i know, but SO excited. haha.
ReplyDeletei struggle each day to let Him sit on the throne of my life...when i do, there is "flow"....
ReplyDelete