Monday, February 1, 2010

Date

I don't know about you, but I'm all about dates.

I love to spend time with my hubby - just him and I. As much as I love to take the kiddos with us, I like to have a night, just him and I. I feel so much more like myself. I like to not have to say "no" unless it's to answer a question like "do you want mayonnaise on that?"

We played Truth or Dare last week and we had so much fun. Isn't it fun just to be spontaneous?! I think so.

So, it's around that time again...I'm ready to have another date night.

(Luv-a, are you reading this? ;))


So what do you and your hubby/boyfriend do when you go out on a date? Do you look forward to going out on dates as much as I do or would you rather not?

P.S. Focus On The Family is doing a cute Valentines contest called Love Letters. Write a 300 word (or less) letter to your spouse letting them know why you want to "grow old with them." There will be something like 4 winners everyday -- plus, it's just fun to write a love letter to your spouse and surprise them. Hop on over there.

9 comments:

  1. I love my date nights. We decided a few years ago to forego going to movies because we feel like it is a waste of two hours... we'd rather be interacting with one another than just sitting side-by-side. One of our favorite things to do is to hop on the Harley and just drive. This year we are looking forward to hopping on the bike and going places to "antique." He figures on the bike, I can't bring anything home with me :)

    ps. your pic is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. dates are super important! We never did it like we should've and now we make it a high priority! We go out to dinner every thurs. night just the 2 of us. I just listen to him talk and vice versa without a lot of girls interrupting. We will always go on dates from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We try to go on one maybe once a month. I look so forward to it. He is my best friend and that one on one time so important. Because I don't know about you, but with our girls we don't get too many conversations without an interruption.

    You and your honey are sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh geesh...you just reminded me to find a new, and reliable babysitter. We haven't been on a date for like 2 months or more. EEK. But we have our special netflix nights complete with popcorn after the girls go to bed. I love the picture of you and your hubby. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are pretty boring when we go out, dinner and a movie. I think the most fun thing we have done a lot for a date night is go to the South Bend Civic Theater and see a play. We both loved that and have seen about a half dozen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute picture of the two of you! We don't get out for dates as much as we should and when we do it's usually dinner and a movie. :) Lately putting a movie in after the kids are in bed and cuddling on the couch is the closest we've gotten to a date night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I LOVE date night!! ;)
    This week we'll be celebrating BIG on our date night for his completion of his PhD work - if all goes well, he'll be a DOCTOR on friday! WOO HOO!!

    Did you hear I'm hosting a love story linky party next week (Feb 12)? I'd love it if you'd like to prepare a post to link up to share a special story of the two of you - Maybe how you met, or how he proposed, a memorable date, or just something special that makes you so glad he's YOURS! ;)

    There will be a give-a-way up for grabs for those that participate, invite your friends, tis the season to spread some love! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heidi- Woo-hoo for your hubby and you! So very exciting :)

    And I'd love to link up with a post next week -- sounds awesome :) I'll do it....thanks for the reminder.

    Happy Date nights :):)

    ~brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Date night? Refresh my memory! Doesn't happen near enough. I save my movie nights for you.....but maybe just maybe he will sit with me tonight and roll paper for the wreath! :)

    ReplyDelete