Thursday, February 11, 2010

Truth

This week has been a bit of a downer. I’ve been up, I’ve been down. I’ve been ALL over the stinking board, and to be honest, I haven’t felt like spending a minute on my blog – sad, but true. But, here I am my blogging friends, I promised myself I’d write something by today, so here I am. Sometimes, you’ve just gotta do that, ya know, push yourself into action.

I was going to bring you the awesome recipe for Taco Lasagna that I made for the Super Bowl – but I decided I’d share a few truths of my week with you instead. I’m totally a “truth” person in the game “truth or dare.” Are you? I just don’t like the feeling of not knowing what my “dare” might be. You never know what you’re going to have to eat or drink – or whose feet you are going to have to kiss or something silly like that.

Anyways, TRUTH people.

I bought a facial cleanser last week. I rarely wash my face. It’s a horrible habit but I’ve rarely gotten a zit and my face is hardly ever dry or greasy – really it works for me. But in an effort to be a better/healthier person I decided to bite the bullet and wash my face. :) Since I’ve been using this cleanser (which I’ve heard is amazing by at least 5 people) my face has been dry and I’ve had 2 zits (hello, am I 13 again?) Oh and my face has been completely blotchy and allergic reaction-y. AND I’ve been singing the song “Isn’t it Ironic” all week because of it ;)


I have 2 cups of half-filled drinks sitting on my desk. Both I do not intend on finishing.


I saw a picture of my Grandpa the other day and began sobbing uncontrollably for at least 5 minutes. Boy do I miss him.


I didn’t think I would actually be watching The Bachelor this season – I just didn’t know about Jake – but every Monday I’ve been content sitting in front of the t.v. screen, not moving, for 2 hours. (Please Jake, Do NOT choose Vienna! Thank you. Sincerely, BKG.)


I get to go out with the HH for Valentine’s tomorrow evening! Yay for awesome family who loves watching the kiddos. We are blessed.


The boys and I have had 3 dance parties in the past 2 days and it has totally brightened my week. Dance parties are the best!


I love Valentine’s Day and I always, always, always look forward to it! I hope you do too!


So what's a truth from this week for you??
Come on, give me something good :) :)

7 comments:

  1. I don't wash my face either!!! So glad to know I'm not the only one! Sometimes I take my eye makeup off (I never wear mascera) but not every night. When I wash my face it gets yuckier and I get more zits. I really think it's not for everyone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm scandalized...by the both of you! I'm a die-hard face washer since the tender age of probably 13. Now I find out, that's WHY I've been prone to zits?! It's a conspiracy, I tell ya.

    ps- I did not know you were watching! I wanted to ask you about it on Saturday, but I figured it was futile. Not Vienna! Nooooooooo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wash my face and I have a big zit right between my eyes. Maybe that's the problem!

    I love the Bachelor. I pray he doesn't choose Vienna either, but in my US weekly magazine...they say that is the rumor on the internet! Let's hope not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like I figured it out - washing your face is a bunch of hogwash ;) Just kidding - but really, if anyone needs some cleanser, I've got a full bottle :)

    And the Bachelor -- Oh, please say the rumor isn't true Becky! Although, deep down I feel like he's going to choose her. :( We'll see..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, girl, you are SO fortunate about having great skin!!! it doesn't matter what I use, I still get breakouts. :(

    I didn't think I was going to watch the Bachelor either, but I've been tuning in every week. I'm praying he doesn't pick Vienna, but that's what I've heard. (My fave was Ali)

    Truth of mine for the week - Protect your dreams. Guard your heart. I blogged about it last night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK face wash strike. If thats the ticket...Don't wash my face...I'm in. Currently I have 2 big zits and 3 tiny ones and I haven't had break out like this since 14. Stress I tell you. I'll try it your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My truth is that I'm feeling blue today and I am eating Pizza Hut pizza at my desk while reading this, even though I also had pizza last night, I appreciated your downs, but loved your ups more (esp. the dance party) and the isnt it ironic comment made me small. Glad you see the humor in it all!

    ReplyDelete