Friday, February 19, 2010

Nothing, Nada, Zip!


My week has been filled with this:

and this,


and to be honest, my mind is mush.

It's been a long week and I'm glad the weekend is here...as a matter of fact, I'm thinking about going to bed at 9 tonight ;) That's ok right?! Right. The crazy thing is I haven't dreamed all week because my mind has been in overdrive all day/everyday - so it literally has been shutting off at night.

I literally can not think of anything to tell you right now.

Nothing, NADA! Zip.

Ok, maybe one thing:
Camden will be 1 next week! ONE YEAR OLD. I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast. So anyways, we will having birthday festivities with our families and I need to make a cake or cupcakes or something, so I want to know this:

What is your favorite flavor of cake?

and

Do you make your own cakes/cupcakes or do you buy yours??

...you have to help me out, I can't make another decision right now ;)

10 comments:

  1. I always like to make the "funfetti" cake mix, it brings back such good memories for me as a kid and the kids (and adults) always like it. I always end up making them a cake because I enjoy it, but I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care either way.
    Thanks for becoming a follower on The Virginia House, I'm like a little kid each time I see that I have another one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My middle son just turned 10 and requested a white cake with strawberry filling and strawberry frosting. It turned out really good and was fun to make him exactly what he wanted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found the funnest recipe for cake balls. It is literally squished up cake and frosting rolled into balls and then dipped in vanilla bark or chocolate with sprinkles on top!! How much fun! I am thinking of making for the coffee shop. YOu can use any kind of cake and frosting combo.
    Happy Birthday to Camden! Sorry your work has been so demanding. Saturday morning here and I slept late, made hot breakfast and work seems a million miles away. (It's not just seems that way :)
    Hugs!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at my wall this morning and you'll see that I'm a big fat cheater. I order the kids b-day cakes. I'm not artsy craftsy talented like my blonde beauty of a friend :) Hope you have a relaxing weekend followed by a great week!
    I was a little behind on the blog reading. Enjoyed the time capsule of pictures on your lovey dovey post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know if you have already decided what to make, but these cupcakes are SO good. Seriously, my uncle kept talking about how good they were at Thanksgiving (and he usually does not say anything about the meal except "this is good."). And you can't go wrong with the chocolate/pb combo! Here's the recipe! http://annies-eats.com/2009/11/06/chocolate-peanut-butter-cupcakes/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Be sure to relax, find some you time and regroup after your week! I can't belive Cam will be 1 year old....wow time goes so quickly. Be sure to take it all in! I love funfetti cake, I love the look of the little confetti, especially for a birthday! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love hearing all your all's favorites :)

    Stef- Those cupcakes look so good I want to make them right now!!! Thanks for the link!

    Oh and funfetti is always a fave of mine too - it looks so birthday-ish :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LEMON! From a box, of course. ;)

    I cannot believe he's going to be 1 already!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. Have to admit I'd rather buy than bake my own. I'm lazy that way:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love carrot cake with cream cheese frosting! I make it but only because it has to be gluten free.

    ReplyDelete