Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's Wonderful What Happens..


Phillipians 4:6-7 (The Message)

"Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life."


I'm memorizing these verses today -- I hope you will join me :)


9 comments:

  1. love that verse - I rest in it a lot! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this! I so needed it! The worry of our house in Indy selling (or not selling)is so consuming sometimes. I've really been working on giving it all to God and this translation is spot-on.
    Perfect. Timing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful...
    Sending you love and best wishes for great day!
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess- We read this in Sunday School class
    today and I thought it was perfect - especially right now. Glad it was perfect for you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have no idea how much I need this scripture today. I'm writing it on my hand!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I read your blog at just the right time. :) Thanks, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SOOOOO needed this today! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh, just right on this day. My husband and I were meeting with a life insurance agent today. What a depressing meeting. I mean, I feel great that we are being responsible and prepared, taking care of our family. But all the, "so when you die...." talk has me feeling a little blue. Thanks for sharing this on this day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think everyone is writing this down and carrying it everywhere with them!!!

    ReplyDelete