
Have you ever prayed for patience?
I did once.
When I was younger I thought if you prayed for patience it meant that Jesus would give you patience.
It would be simple and easy.
One day - low patience tolerance,
I did once.
When I was younger I thought if you prayed for patience it meant that Jesus would give you patience.
It would be simple and easy.
One day - low patience tolerance,
the next day - patience for anything.
WRONG-O!
When I prayed for patience, the Lord gave me patience by making me be patient.
I had lots of things to wait on for a few months. I had to accept things as they were. I had to sit and be still and wait. Ick!
WRONG-O!
When I prayed for patience, the Lord gave me patience by making me be patient.
I had lots of things to wait on for a few months. I had to accept things as they were. I had to sit and be still and wait. Ick!
But you know what? I learned how to be more patient. God answered my prayers alright :)
So a month ago, as I was praying I said the following words
"Lord, help me learn to trust you more."
(Apparently I didn't learn form my little patience prayer.)

And now I am here to attest to the fact that this past month I have had more things to trust God with than just about anytime in my life. As a matter of fact, I've felt quite overwhelmed. But do you know what?!?
God has showed me I CAN and SHOULD always trust Him.
He has never been unfaithful.
Not ONCE!
Mind you, I will not be praying another "trust" or "patience" prayer anytime soon, but I sure am glad I prayed those prayers. Because it's only by faith, and allowing God to move, that we see who He really is....and that I see who I really am
...and how much I need him.






Love this post! So well said. I know I've had those same prayers and same responses from Him. Sending some prayers of my own out for you tonight. May you find the answers you are looking for and learn all the lessons he has for you quickly!!
ReplyDeleteI hear THAT! ;) I, also, have prayed those prayers. Patience, oh my....I shared that prayer with a girlfriend several years back, (I think we too had rosy expectations about how that prayer would be answered!!) and we've had lots of laughs about that now that the other side of receiving - about being more 'careful' with our words as we pray, HA!
ReplyDeleteAll kidding aside, I know that God WILL continue to come through for you, even if it's not in the way you expected. You CAN trust that His ways are GOOD. ;) Keep on run'n that race, sista!
Proverbs 3:5-6 was ALWAYS my favorite verse. I am with you girl on Trust.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post Brooke. Spoken with wisdom and honesty. Trusting God is something that I always struggle in. Sometimes I feel like I am doing really well trusting Him, and then a moment later I realize I have so much work to do:) I enjoy reading your blog. You have such a beautiful heart!
ReplyDeleteSarah
I realize Brooke I did not post my last night, and thought that you might know a lot of Sarah's.
ReplyDeleteSarah Gibson:)