Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Conversations

Bryce has never had an imaginary friend, well not until now. Although his friend isn't imaginary, he's completely real.

His name is Camden.

Yep, his 9 month old brother.

Bryce often speaks for Camden. He tells me what Cam wants, why he's crying, and he asks all the questions that Camden wants to ask me. Sometimes he's so "on" that I wonder if Cam really does tell him what he wants in some little kid way.

So the other night when we were all in the car together going to our family Christmas Bryce and I (and Cam) had the following discussion:

Bryce: Mommy, Cam wants to know where we are going. He can't find the house.

Me: Brycey, we are going to Aunt Darlene and Uncle Ted's house for Christmas. We won't be there for a few more minutes.

Bryce: Mommy, don't tell me. Camden is the one who wants to know.

Me: Oh. Camden, we are going to Aunt Darlene and Uncle Ted's house for Christmas. We won't be there for a few more minutes.

Bryce: Camden said "thank you."



Boy am I thankful I know what Camden wants ;)
I guess that's what big brothers are for.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree, I love that "They" know what the little ones want, they must have a sixth sense! Enjoy the holiday preparations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, heh - sweet! My eldest does the same for his younger brother...and he also HAS invented a 'secret' (imaginary) friend this past year that he only talks about. I've never observed them 'playing' but Owen will tell me that his secret friend is coming along if we're going out somewhere. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute!!!

    have a very, very merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete