It's the most wonderful time of the year...
not only because it's Christmas,
but because I found out I am going to be an AUNT!
Being the oldest in both Bart's family and mine, we haven't had a chance to be Aunt and Uncle yet,
but we are going to be in JUNE!
Yippee!
Congrats Nic and Kasi! We can't wait :)
****************************
And in random posting fashion -
we had our first family Christmas last night.
It was so nice to get together with everyone and celebrate.
This past month (as most of you know) has not been the easiest.
I so enjoyed the time of just being together and having fun with my family.
My mama whipped up these bad boys for all of the granddaughters of my sweet Papa:
She made aprons out of my Grandpa's shirts.
All of them were unique but each one had a patch on the back that was in memory of Papa.
I'm telling you my Mom can do anything.
What a sweet sweet gift all of us girls will cherish forever.
**********************
And last and certainly least-
remember how I told you about that big item (a headboard for Bryce's bed) we got at Ikea last week.
Bart and I spent 2 hours putting it together yesterday only to find out the girl in the bed department accidentally submitted an order for us in the wrong size.
Looks like my mom and I will be making a 2 hour trek back to Chicagoland sometime soon.
Oh yeah, and my lamp I bought doesn't work either.
Ikea - I hope we don't have a falling out because I like you way too much :)
I'm sure we can fix this.




Hooray for more babies! And I love the idea of making an apron from old shirts. How special!! Your mama rocks. :)
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!
ReplyDelete