Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Shop

My mom and I went to Ikea today. We had a Christmas purchase to make. After spending a long time shopping around we had finally found our item of choice (and of course a few other items). Apparently pillows were my vice today. I think I ended up with three.

So we checked out and gathered up our merchandise and collected our large item. We wheeled it outside knowing we could not move it on our own. We found a nice Ikea gentleman who was willing to help us. Really he was very nice. My mom and I were trying to scoot everything around to get the thing to fit. No luck.

Are you kidding me?
We have to get this home.

Right then a nice young lady came over to help us out. She was tall and strong. I was so thankful she was there to help us - might I add, she was brilliant too when she told us how to rearrange things.

Boy these Ikea helpers are good.

And right after the nice "helper" told us what to do with our carseat that needed to be moved she looked at the gentleman helper and said "we know all about that don't we honey."

"Honey"?
Whaaaaaaaaaaaa?

Um, did we just ask two innocent bystanders to help us load up our car?

YES WE DID!

Did we feel totally stupid?!

YES WE DID!

But you know what, they were so nice. They never once told us they didn't work at Ikea. They just lifted, scooted, and helped without ever mentioning they didn't work there.

We thanked them a million times and then they got in their truck and pulled away. I laughed for an hour. I felt like a ding dong but I also felt blessed. Not only is this what giving and Christmas are all about - it's what everyday is all about- being a good neighbor to someone else, without telling them who you are or what you do!

So go and spread some cheer my friends -
help someone out!
I promise, they will appreciate you.

6 comments:

  1. So funny! I would totally do that.

    And seriously - Ikea?? I've been perusing the website this week and itching to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds Like You Had A GREAT Time!! You Girls Are FuNnY!!! Love You!

    PS. YOU FORGOT TO TAKE ME!!! :) HAHAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHH! HAAAA! That's hilarious! Goodtimes! Spread the cheer indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so funny...totally something we would do. Don't ya just love IKEA. I think half our house came from there:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love that! See? You will want to help the next person since they were so nice. Oh, and I love IKEA!

    ReplyDelete