Bart and I finally busted out of the house and took a quick "vacation", if you will, to Chicago this past weekend. It was nice to be away from the kids for 2 days and just have some time to ourselves. I will say it was much needed and I think I'm more effective at being a good mom and wife when I have some time away. Maybe this fall we'll take a little bit longer vacation? Anyways, thank you Mom & Dad for watching the kiddos (I think they needed some time away from us too :) Mimi and Poppy are such fun, they probably weren't ready for us to come back).

Downtown Chi-
caga. Before it started to pour down rain.

I said "Bart, act like a pirate" And he did it. What a great husband.

Field History Museum.

What a camel's intestines look like! Crazy huh.

Bart couldn't believe his eyes, so we got 100 pictures of bugs.

I couldn't handle anymore bug pictures so I made him take one of us in front of this beach wall.

Navy Pier fireworks. Totally fun. And so glad the rain didn't get them canceled.

I like these.

Stuffed from our awesome
Giradano's pizza! So good.

Taking pictures waiting for American Eagle to open.

Still taking pictures. He's totally faking it.

I like these too. Chicago in the summer = awesome.

Navy Pier.

On the
ferris wheel. Before I chucked. Just kidding, but I kinda wanted to.

Pretty.

Looks like you guys had a great time! I love Chicago! I also love that you took pictures of the flowers you thought were pretty...I do that ALLLLLL the time. Then I take them to a greenhouse, show them the picture, and say, "Not sure what these are but I want them in my backyard!" Works great every time!!!
ReplyDeleteI am a sooooo very jealous of your D60. You are the second person that has that model that loves it. Ahhhhh....someday!!!! Matt laughs because I sit on the computer and look up cameras and just read and read about them the way other people look up...oh...say, vacations...or cars! Ya, it's pretty sad!!! Ha!
Great hearing from you and so happy you had such a great time in Chi-town!!
J
Looks like you had an amazing time! And what a great picture of you at AE. We definitely need to take a weekend-escape vacation together one of these days!!
ReplyDeleteJamie- I totally understand about researching cameras for um, hours. I seriously did/do the same thing. It's so much fun but it also is such a hard decision to make. When it came down to it I told Bart to make the final decision (b/c he does a lot of research too) and not to spend "too much" money (whatever that means in camera world). Can't wait for you to get one. :)
ReplyDeleteWoW! It looks like you two had an awesome time! I am so glad you could have such a nice get away, time together is so important! Memories to enjoy, and feeling refreshed when you come home...Nice!!
ReplyDeleteAhh the memories! So fun. Also, the intestines were from a Giraffe (but I'll let it slide). Love You!
ReplyDelete-Bart
LOL--oops, it's a giraffe? how did I forget that.
ReplyDeleteAwesome pics! Your new camera takes such clear pictures. I want one now!
ReplyDelete