in Micro Machine quickness.
My birthday happened.
31 here and well, still here.
Hello, why is 31 so much worse than 30? I've decided I am forever 26 because really, if I get to choose (which I don't) that was my favorite age.
Here I am at 26, er 31.
P.S. I dislike strapless bras. End of story.
Brycey turned 4 just a few days after I stayed 26.
His most wanted gift was Super Mario Galaxy 2 which is way too hard for him to play but he got it and thinks it's awesome to play for 15 minutes a day...if that even happens. He's so patient.
Besides that his only request was anything Cars or Toy Story.
So he got a Buzz Lightyear cake too...and a few zillion other things.
Let me tell you, this cake was a dousey and I am quite thankful my Mama helped me with the outlining. The night before, whilst not using profanities but getting close, I threw away the first cake because it had zero outlines and I started over.
Needless to say, next year we might be having a DQ cake.
Maybe.
Ok the night of the party (4th of July weekend) the boys come down with yucky nasty colds.
Yes, I said COLDS! Yucky ones. IN.THE.MIDDLE.OF.SUMMA!
ughity! So we trapezed back home and sat in our house and did not much of anything over the 4th.
Then in a act of desperation to get out of the house a few days later I suggested we go and visit Notre Dame -- it was only like, um, 90 degrees outside. I mean, that makes for a perfect stroll around a college campus :) Until this thing attacked...
Just kidding!
But doesn't he look like he wants to? All I could envision while taking this picture was Christmas Vacation and that I may soon be running with camera in hand and squirrel on face in the middle of campus!
But we made it, no squirrel attacks or anything :) We had a blast really. The boys loved it. And I dreamt of working on a college campus which has always seemed more than appealing for some reason.
And then we stopped by Touchdown Jesus and snapped a couple pics.
I accidentally cut off Jesus' head here but you get the point :)
And well, now it's Sunday! How does this happen?




very fun update - I'll stay 26 with you girly! :)
ReplyDeleteFun trip, really cool cake. You totally cracked me up with the strapless bra crack. Torture devices...created by man I'm sure:)
ReplyDeletenew to your blog! you are such a witty writer. i too despise strapless bras... and touchdown jesus made me laugh out loud. :)
ReplyDeleteI don't own a strapless bra... i seem to defy the law of physics on that one :) And 26?? I'm with ya! But, strangely, I'm looking forward to 34. It just sounds like a good solid age. I think I might stay there once I get there. Besides, I'm almost 32! How did that happen?
ReplyDeleteDoes that make me 26 as well???
ReplyDelete:) - Bart
I agree about staying 26...because I guess after 35 we are grouped into all the commericals about facelifts and the pagents for "older women"...what the heck!
ReplyDelete-Natalie
What?!? You came over to Notre Dame?!? You should have let me know as we live just a few blocks east of campus. We would have loved to walk around with you and taken you down to the lakes to feed the ducks. Next time you definitely have to let me know...
ReplyDeleteOh, Notre Dame...I have come to love that school due to my husband's infatuation with that football team. It is such a beautiful campus though! Glad you had a good time :)
ReplyDeleteYOU MADE THAT CAKE!? I didnt comment on it cuz i assumed you bought it. Im impressed you were able to get that bad boy looking so good. well not really you are very crafty. But good job! and thanks for postin
ReplyDeleteUncle Awesome