Sunday, May 3, 2009

my dad.

Yesterday was my Dad's birthday. My old man is 55 ;) He spent all day yesterday helping Bart make my garden boxes and am certain he wouldn't have chosen to be anywhere else doing anything else. That's the kind of Dad he is.

I love you Dad because...

  • you are so giving.
  • you are such a great example.
  • you love to laugh and have fun.
  • you are such a great Poppy to your grandsons.
  • you always are faithful in what you say you will do.
  • you always make things better or seem better than what they are.
  • you've always pushed me to be better and do better, but have never pushed me so hard I thought I wasn't good enough.
  • you love me unconditionally.
  • you have given me a great example of how the Lord loves His children.
  • you always know how to make me laugh.
  • you are smart.
  • you are the best salesman I have ever come across in my life. It's a gift.
  • you have always shown Nic, Ryan, and I the same love and respect...but know to treat us all a little different because we respond differently.
  • you are my hero.
I love you Dad! Happy 55th birthday! I know I have the greatest parents in the entire world.

5 comments:

  1. I just love your list, Brooke! It almost makes me a little verklempt. :) What a tribute! And any man who chooses to go to Mazatlan for their b-day meal gets two thumbs up from me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, This post was great. I know your Dad will love it. He is such an amazing man and he has raised three amazing individuals! It is such a blessing when we can look at our Dads with such love and respect, such a gift from above. Luckily, we have husbands that will be the same to their little ones. God is Good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you DO have amazing parents. You are very lucky. They have truely made you a great person and we are so proud to have you in our family and passing those same wonderful traits on to our grandson's! Way to go Fred and Cheri. And we hope had a great birthday Fred!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brooke. I am humbled by your post. You have always made my job as a Father so easy. Thank you for the kind words and all the blessings I have received from having you as my Daughter. I thank GOD everyday for sharing YOU, Bart and my Grandsons with your mother and me. Thanks for being you...I wouldn't want it any other way.

    God Bless,

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOhhhhhh, you are so nice to Dad!!!! He is a great father, I wish I had what you have. He also is an incredible husband. Sometimes it has been hard for me to know that there are people out there as great as he is or my kids/grandkids are.
    We love you so much.

    ReplyDelete