Thursday, June 21, 2012

Ridin' Around


This past weekend we had such a great time getting away with my hubby's family.  We went to a family wedding together and then headed over to Cedar Point.



We figured out it's been about 8 years since the last time I was there. How did that happen?  The boys have never been but they loved it.  Cam has asked me 5 times today if he is a good boy if we could go back today.  Um, sorry honey, I don't think so...maybe another day. 


My mother-in-law watched the boys for a large part of the day so us "big kids" to go on roller coasters.  

Ok, side question, has anyone gotten more afraid of heights as they have gotten older?  I never used to be afraid of heights but something has happened in the past 10 years and now I'm a big scardey cat.  Getting older stinks!  Or maybe it's just me and I need to get over it. 


These little sillies favorite ride was the froggy hopper!  It goes straight up and then drops down.  I didn't know what would happen or if either of them would like it but they LOVED it.  Look at Cam, he even put his hands in the air.  


I had fun riding rides with the boys.  We went on a tilt-a-whirl ride and I don't think I've ever heard them laugh so loud or hard.  They thought it was hilarious which made me laugh like crazy.  It's moments like those you never want to forget.  


There was a downpour of sorts for about 2 hours in the middle of the day but it didn't slow us down.

P.S. Benita, my mother-in-law, is the most prepared lady ever.  I'm so thankful for her (and inwardly feel a little sorry for Bart because I am not a planner :/) she had snacks for the boys, umbrellas for the downpour, and games and crafts just in case. She's so great. 


Thanks Mom & Dad/Grandma & Grandpa for such a great time away. Can't wait to do it again! 

(Maybe we should go on a different weekend next time ;) lol)


**And a random side note for anyone going to CP this summer.  We got the Fast Pass, it's an extra fee but we got on most rides in 2-5 minutes opposed to the normal 1-2 hour wait. I'd say it was worth it.  Especially since it did rain and they had to shut down all the rides for a couple hours.**

7 comments:

  1. The last time I was at Cedar Point was with you=) So probably 8 years ago! Ah, memories. What a fun weekend...Fear Factor Ashland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about whipping some Fear Factor Ashland pictures :) That was one of the most fun CP trips ever.

      Delete
  2. FUN!! We keep saying that we probably can't handle the crazy rides now that we're elderly. Our equilibrium has gone all wonky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to know I'm not the only one who's gone a little wonky ;)

      Delete
  3. YAYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CEDAR POINT! Brooke i'm proud of you for riding the dragster. Not proud of you for beings a baby about the millennium force. But proud of you for writing another blog! (You like that sandwich criticism there?? haha

    Camdenunclemicah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice praise/criticism sandwich there ;) And I was not a baby, just an old lady. ha! Thanks for leaving a comment Camdenunclemicah.

      Delete
  4. Funny! Used to love Cedar Point and now that just sounds like a nightmare of a day for me! Never EVER will I EVER step out on that glass floor thingy in Chicago. I would be a stroke victim! By the way, so proud of you for blogging ;););)

    ReplyDelete