Sunday, March 14, 2010

Randomness

1. I bought and used a Neti Pot this weekend. I'm gonna be honest, it kinda weirded me out that the box talked about it being a purification processs for yoga. Really? I'm not trying to clear any energy channels, well, besides the channel that cleans the junk out of my sinuses. Anyways, I'm just gonna say, I think it worked. Have you guys ever used one of these? It's weird, huh?




2. I used to have a "fo"-Croc pair of flip flops. They were the most comfortable pair of flip flops I've ever owned but they ripped. I need a new pair of these bad boys - although, I was wishing for the fo-brand, they are no longer made the same, so I may have to get the real kind. The white ones are kinda cute for the beach, eh?




3. My friend Natalie had a baby shower this weekend (she's having her 3rd child, but first girl. Woo-Hoo!) And she received the cutest handmade things. A couple were from this Etsy store - J. Lea Design. Seriously the cutest little pillow case dresses. Check em out.


Makes me want a little girl. Ok, maybe not. Ok, really, maybe.
Geez ;)

4. I'm totally hooked on my Dawson's Creek re-runs right now. I know, don't judge. Seriously, though, I still love them. Can't. Help. It. The love triangle that exist between Dawson, Joey, and Pacey is just too much to resist.




Please, someone tell me they used to love Dawson's Creek too?! Anyone? :)



What is one of your favorite re-run shows to watch?

Friends, Full House, The Cosby Show...

19 comments:

  1. I have a neti-pot. Very weird, but it does help when you can't breathe:)

    I love old Friend's, Cosby show, The Nanny, Lucille Ball episodes etc... I love reruns. Oh and the Brady Bunch. Isn't it great how it can take you back? My favorite thing about Cosby now is watching how they parented. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't use a neti-pot. It just grosses me out so badly.
    Frazier, Law and Order, The Unit

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought a neti pot this weekend too!!!! My mom convinced me to get one and yes, I think it works great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't used a neti pot before. I've thought about it but it kind of frightens me...I think I saw someone on Martha do it...it was awkward...

    Girls are so much fun! I miss the "little" girl stage. Especially picking out fun girly things for them to wear. It goes by too quick!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok girl you are a purist i use the aerosol version of the sinus cleanser....anyway... it is a little easier but a little more expensive, but I have sinus issues..and I can tell you it gets rid of a sinus headache if you use regularly...

    ReplyDelete
  6. also if you turn on your settings off for having to leave a code to type in u may get more traffic it's just an extra step too much for some ..i turned mine off.xoxosuzanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fiance's mom uses a neti pot, but I am just not so sure about them. I love watching I Love Lucy reruns and we just started watching Fraiser from the beginning and are going to watch every episode. I am also (for the second time!) watching The Unit from season 1. It's such a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have the sinus rinse squeeze bottle thingy, but i believe it is similar to the neti pot. mine has a warning to not lie down for 1 hour after use. i think you can drown yourself.

    re-runs...
    gilmore girls
    little house on the prairie
    dead like me
    HOUSE

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did it! Did my coffee shop tutorial help? ;)

    As for the re-runs - I've been dying to see the old Ally McBeal reruns on dvd...does that count? Or how about The Newlyweds??!

    ps - Just read the above comment and I'm a huge fan of turning off the word
    verification. I do get a spam every now and then (always written in some Asian language) but it's easy enough to just go in and delete it.

    pss- LOVE Cruel Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love random posts! I've wanted to use a neti pot every since I saw everyone raving about it over on The Lettered Cottage one day. Alas, I have no reason to use it now...*sigh* I told my mom about it the other day and she said "Neti what?". Oh well, I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love love love the beach... I don't live close enough to the beach... but my heart longs to be there nearly every day too! ;)

    Love my neti pot... it is weird... I have the blue neti pot... love it...

    Love reruns ... I love sharing old reruns of I love Lucy, Gillians Island, Cosby and Tom & Jerry with my kids... they laugh so hard... with me... I love it!! ;) Good times!

    Your newest follower...
    Just Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  12. My daughter's name is "Joey".... 'nuff said :)

    By the way, where are you finding these great DC reruns????

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is the 2nd reference to the neti pot that I have heard of in the last few days - must be a good product! ;)

    I'd totally have a Dawson's fest with you. I didn't really see much of it when it aired until I was in college and lived with girls that watched it religiously. It's very easy to get caught up in, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Nasal Irrigation", just call it nasal irrigation if you don't wanna get all metaphysical about your mucus membranes
    ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have used a neti pot for about two years since being plagued with allergies and sinus infections. I have been free since then! I use it a lot in golf season.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, I can SO tell that you are friends with Shannan...how fun! The Neti Pot...my girlfriends are all up in my face about that thing, and I just can't bring myself to do it. I've got too many memories of choking on water at the beach.......go for the REAL Crocs. :-) Re-runs....gosh....I don't watch too much TV...so I'm blank on that one. Thanks for stopping by! So nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. the only reruns I still enjoy are seinfeld episodes. and I still laugh at the same jokes. cute pillowcase dress!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Neti pot...don't think so. I am afraid someone around here would make tea in it or something weird. Sounds completely creepy, like colon cleansing. I know, it is supposed to be good for you but REALLY...do we NEED that? Still, someone told me once that John Wayne had 60 lbs of unloaded organic matter in his system when he died. Maybe we do need a good cleanse once in awhile. ;) But I digress...
    Totally guilty pleasure: watching silly shows like "Tori and Dean" HAHAHAHA, really...just fascinating and SO NOT REAL. Just what I need at times. I also love me a good re-run season of Project Runway!!!
    Hugs,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pacey!Pacey!Pacey! (all the way, was there ever any doubt?) Ben!Ben!Ben!Ben! (that's if you were a die-hard Felicity fan, like me). I hope to rewatch those some day (can I borrow?)..the season of Pacey and Joey falling for each other was so utterly swoony, every stinking moment!

    ReplyDelete