Monday, March 8, 2010

Fun Weekend

I've told you recently I've been really busy with work. I spent all weekend - on and off - working in some form or fashion. I must say, that's not a bad thing, it's just all I think I really have to talk about at the moment.

I don't really say much about work on here, but I do enjoy it. I work with my family which is really awesome. Not many people get to do that - so I feel very honored. My brothers and I make a good team.

Anyways, because of my fun job, Saturday I had the wonderful pleasure of meeting a very influential wedding planner...


Have any of you heard of her?

You'll have to go over to her blog and check her work out - it's great!


Image from Instyle Weddings/Michelle Rago


It's always fun to hear the new trends in the wedding industry and of course it's always great to meet someone who is so influential in the industry too.



So, I know many of you are already married, what was your favorite thing you incorporated into your wedding day?

One of my favorite things was that our colors were black and white and we ran with it. Everything was b & W (which are two my favorite colors) and the day was gorgeous and themed and it made everything flow together.

10 comments:

  1. My favorate thing was the groom! For real now... I had Krispy Kreme donuts instead of cake. So yum and everyone loved them! Also my bridesmaids wore belts with vintage shoe buckles on them as the faux belt buckle. They were so pretty and sparkly and I loved that they had history to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those were our colors too. I loved that it would never look dated. That's what I wanted more than anything.

    We had a very simple wedding. Got married in a church with about 200. Had cake and punch in the basement:) Didn't even have a band:) We were 19 and just didn't care about the wedding. We were more excited about the honeymoon...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. look up "one Fine day' she did my daughter's wedding..wow it was one great Kentucky wedding!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...her work looks amazing!!!
    I have to say...we sort of eloped...I am not one for a big wedding! But it was on the beach and I word a blue sundress!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite was the terracotta pots of fresh lavender on the tables. (I'm shocked that I knew myself so well back then!)

    I wish I coulda been at your wedding... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wore the dress my mother wore for her wedding. (with a few alterations) It was made by my grandmother and all of my fathers sisters also wore this same dress.My grandmother who has since passed on was at the ceremony. Very special!
    Glad you had a great weekend!
    Hugs,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite thing about my wedding was that ....The song I walked out to was.... "It Had To Be YOU" by Harry Connick Jr.
    and my groom had no idea

    ReplyDelete
  8. My favorite thing was that I assigned a "problem person" that any problems were supposed to be brought to. There was a problem with my mom and dad's table...I never knew anything about it. They took it straight to the problem person without upsetting me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. he only thing and best thing is that I married the best person for me in the world, everything else I would change. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been crazy busy at work too! (which is why I am just catching up on your blog now!). I'll keep you posted on the fav. thing from my wedding, so will get back with you sometime after June 19th!

    ReplyDelete