Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Oddball

I want to know something...

does every woman profess to being organized?

Recently, I can't think of one single woman who doesn't say that having things unorganized doesn't drive them bonkers.


My friends, I may be the first woman in all (wo)man-kind who is not organized.

GASP! SHE SAID WHAT!?!

I know, please don't leave me to rot.

I can't help it. I dislike (the idea...not the specific items) the following things:

clocks
watches
calendars
computers and programs that are supposed to store all of your life information
file folders
filling items in those folders
cell phones with so many things you can't live without them


Although, I do like bins to keep things stored in -- yes, those make me happy.


Am I scorned for life?

And the funny thing is, I think people in general (even my friends) would say I am organized. I get places right on time. I don't forget about meetings. And my job includes lots of computer programs and file folders. However, it's not easy for me. Being organized stresses me out a tad, can you tell, today's been one of those days!


I hope I haven't left you all cringing...
believe me I wish I were like you.

Happy organizing my friends--please feel free to drop by and organize anything you like, anytime you like ;)




10 comments:

  1. not sure how i got here.......but this i know already...you are honest! and i like that....

    i have more pretty boxes to store than i do the stuff to go in them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the most disorganized organized person there is. I totally get ya! So nice to know I'm not alone:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you are so not alone !! I try really hard... and I can never seem get out from under my own 'organized' chaos!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try to be organized, but it just never seems to work. Everything gets all out of order so then I try to put it back into order. And so the cycle goes... I really like those boxes. Where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh..I am super unorganized:)
    I wish I could get better at organizing but it's just not my cup of tea!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel -- if you click on the picture of the boxes it is linked to where you can buy them...at least I think so anyways :) I don't have them actually, just found them online.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I call it "organized chaos." And it is my life :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a cluttered mess, in my mind and on my desk. I think boxes are neat too. But unfortunately for me, they only hide my mess. They don't make me more organized. At least they're pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caught your blog through another that I read...love it!! I too like to claim to be "organized" but I think I just like the romantics of it with the products, files, bins, boxes, baskets...I use it to decorate more than anything :) Look forward to reading more of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh dear dear dear...
    i'm not organized either
    i would get those sweet little colored boxes and fill them full of unorganized junk
    the only way i can unbury myself is to throw things away
    as i type i can see 4 piles of clean laundry on my living room floor
    i can't even tell you what else is lurking in my dresser drawers/closets!

    ReplyDelete