Thursday, March 4, 2010

Game Time

Last night the hubby and I had a chance to go out on the town. We hit up Old Navy, which, is it just me or is impossible to pass up spring clothes in the dead of winter? Yes, it is near impossible, thank you for agreeing.

After Old Navy we swung past HH's favorite popcorn joint. PopStyle! I promise, I couldn't talk the hubby out of going here if I had to. He LOVES it! If you haven't been to PopStyle and live in my neck of the woods, you should check it out...it's super yummy.

Self-portrait (w/ a cold sore...sweet ;)) on our way to the last Notre Dame home game!

My aunt and uncle let us use their tickets for the evening. We had so much fun! We had what we called "VIP tickets" and got to sit up top, eat anything we wanted while watching the game, and had plenty of room to move around -- it was so much fun! (That's my brother Nic behind my head.)

HH's food...turkey and little hamburgers.
They had a pasta bar so I made this little pasta dish. Oh and notice the HUGE chocolate covered strawberry?! It was divine.

Nic and Kasi with their "VIP tags"

The game.
During half time we went over and visited my parents and sat in their seats for a bit. The acrobatics team was pretty amazing...and my parents have fantastic seats too.

In the end...
Notre Dame WON.
We had a great date night.
And the boys had a wonderful time at Grandma & Grandpa's.

Now that's what I call a "win-win" situation.

10 comments:

  1. Oh that looked like fun! Great self pic...cold sore and all:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the cutest thing ever! Fun night :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pop Style? Never heard of it! Then again, I'm not a popcorn girl...

    Looks like a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh...that's so weird.
    My husband and his dad went to that game and they had VIP tickets too!!! I wonder if you were close to each other!
    We live about 10 minutes from Notre Dame.
    Is Pop Style around here??? I've not seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun night!!! I love to watch college basketball.

    ReplyDelete
  7. simpledaisy- cute name :) and that is so weird! small world, isn't it!?!

    and popstyle is in erskine village. it's new but it's in the old coldstone location. really, the popcorn is really good (and i'm not a huge popcorn fan).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could cry for you over the cold sore. Ouch, itch, and down right miserable! Game looks like fun...minus the Notre Dame part! Wish I knew the popcorn thing earlier. I was just in the area. Sounds yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow looks like a really fun night, and dinner looks D-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now that's what I call a date night! Looks like ya'll had such fun!

    I left you a prize on my blog - enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete