It's Monday morning and I'm sitting here wondering where the weekend has gone! Are any of you feeling like that? (I'm sure I can't be the only one)
So to keep my mind off a once again weekend flown by, I'm making a little of this in the crock pot....or maybe I should say, A LOT of this.

Marie's Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast from allrecipes.com
It looks kinda gross in the picture (which I did not take, it's from the recipe) but I'm sure it will be tasty on this wintery Indiana afternoon. And really, besides that, who doesn't love a recipe that says "easy" in the title!
Right?
Right.
Besides food, I've been trying to find someplace warm to go to as soon as possible. This happens every January of my life. Winter sets in and I say "I'm over it." I need some sun! I need to go outside and play with the kids with out freezing my boo-tay off! I need sand. I need palm trees.
ahhh...
You get the point :)
I wouldn't mind a little of this...

or a palm tree swaying in the warm Florida breeze...

or laughing so hard I can't stop... (with the ocean behind me :))

or my hottie hubby (and I) playing with my sweet boys on the beach all day long!
So today I will dream of being on the beach while I watch the snow float down from the sky and I will remember that I can have just as much playing inside with my little guys as I can on the beach. And I will eat my roast and dream of my Strigoloni al Pesto that I miss so much.
And most of all, I will be happy. Happy just to be.




I am a sucker for pot roast! Sounds so good today. Cory's working late (again) so we're having left-overs. Yum.
ReplyDeleteThat pic of you and Bart is so much fun! I love it. :)
I want to go there too! The recipe looks great :)
ReplyDeleteGreat attitude, thanks for spreading the sunshine!
ReplyDeleteme too!!! crock pot dinners, and planning a sunny getaway in January! I do this every year.
ReplyDeleteGirl I'm with ya on the need for sunshine-y, tropical locale. Planning my getaway too before my brain turns to marshmallows. I'm over the winter already. You can never go wrong with pot roast. I've been a slow cooker fiend lately. I should really post some recipes. Toooooo lazy. Happy Monday
ReplyDeleteOh that looked so good...palms trees and everything. I am longing for some sun...today is one of those days I wanted to just jump on a plane.
ReplyDeleteI love Pot Roast...my mom always made the best when I was growing up. I am happy now to know how to make it in the crock pot, nothing is better.
ReplyDelete