Sunday, March 22, 2009

key lime pie, key lime pie.

Bart and Bryce love key lime pie. A few years ago when we first came to our church the Moore's invited us over for dinner and Kim served key lime pie. Bart already somewhat in love, fell completely in love. Thankfully the recipe may be one of the easiest recipes I have ever made. It takes zero time and zero effort but it is totally delish! Please make it for yourself sometime soon, it's a winner. (Sorry, I don't have a pic).

Key Lime Pie

1 graham cracker pie crust
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
1/2 cup of key lime juice (you can buy this at any grocery store, it's normally located near the lemon juice).
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 can sweetened condensed milk

Blend cream cheese, key lime juice, vanilla, and sweetened condensed milk in blender for 15 minutes. Pour mixture into pie crust. Refrigerate for 8 hours. If you want to spruce it up a little you could slice a key lime for garnishment; however, I don't have time to do that around here, it gets eaten immediately.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Found your blog through Kim's!! I've got a friend that LOOOOOOVES key lime pie so I'll have to make this one for her!!

    Have a great day!!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart key lime pie too. I have a similiar, intriguing key lime pie recipe that is always fun b/c you get to tell people there is a mystery ingredient and that they will never guess. Instead of your cream cheese, replace it with 2 avocados. Seriously. Try it! It's dang good and no one would ever know.
    Glad i found your blog, Shan told me about it!

    ReplyDelete