Monday, April 4, 2011

7 Days

I'm going to try to go 7 measly days without eating any sweets. 

Seven, people.  How lame is that?  

But truth is, I love candy...
and ice cream...
and chocolate...
and anything that is considered a sweet... 

besides root beer floats, ack!

(and I know in the near future I will be enjoying ice cream in sunny florida with these boys...hence no sweets now...and I like a challenge. Don't you?)

It's only seven days and I'm kinda certain I can do it.  I already know after seven days I'm going to try to make it another seven.  This is how I work out too, I tell myself "just run one mile, that's all you have to do today" but then I get to one mile and say "oh come on, you can go further than thaaaat", and I do.  Weird how you can trick yourself.  Please tell me you guys trick yourselves like this too? Or is it just me?

Anyways, I'm on day 1 of no sweets and I've succeeded so far (aren't you proud ;)).  

Maybe I can make it to Easter? 
Unless the easter bunny lays a Cadbury egg in my way.  It will all be downhill from there. 

P.S. If you haven't been over to visit Val from ValSoCal go over and do it...and make this while you're at it.  Seriously, it's so yummy.  Oh and this too!!  

9 comments:

  1. oh, girl - i could/should take on that challenge as well - i've got a major sweet tooth. keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you are amazing! You made me smile!! =))) Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No root beer float? I had no idea! You can do it, girl. I have no doubt.

    ps - Does Cookie Crisp count as a sweet? Just wonderin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hunny has challenged me to give up Pepsi for diet pop for a week! I LOVE pepsi!!! So far so good, but I don't know if I could do sweets, I think I love sweets more than Pepsi!

    Good Luck, You will do I am sure.

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant... you will do it I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just hopped over from fpfg and wanted to tell you the picture she has of you up on her most current post is BREATHTAKING of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi - I made myself post this otherwise, I might be inclined to not do it ;) So I will keep you posted for sure.

    Val - you are welcome girlie :) love your blog and recipes, i couldn't let blog friends pass you up ;)

    Shan - Something is wrong with me, I'm certain, that I don't like root beer floats...everyone I know loves them. And unfortunately, Yes, cookie crisp count as a sweet :(

    Jodi - Good job girl! That's a hard transition. I have not given up my diet coke I will tell you that :/ You'll have to let me know when you finish your 7 days :)

    Mindi - Thank you so much!! You just put a big huge smile on my face and made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog from farmgirl, what a cutie, you had me at giving up sweets sounds like a familiar story in my life as well. I can't commit to blogging about it yet, lol. Looking forward to years of reading your blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are spoiling me with all these posts! Good for you on the sweets thing. Wish I had the willpower. It takes a strong woman to resist the Easter candy aisle!

    ReplyDelete