Monday, November 22, 2010

Treasure Island - Take Two


Flying is not my favorite thing anymore.  I always get annoyed that I have to take my shoes off ( and somehow, for the zillionth time, have forgotten to wear shoes that require socks. ack.) and that you feel so rushed to pick your stuff up at the end of the x-ray machine.  BUT my friends, I love to travel so I put up with the pre-flight annoyances to get to a place much sunnier than Indiana.  

I even took the time to read The Happiest Toddler On The Block while waiting for our flight.  I must have been pretty happy. 


My sockless, flip-flop footed self and the hubs made it to the Sunshine State happy after a short 2 hour flight. 




I was so happy I started jumping for joy. And oh my goodness, I'm sure I looked stupid trying to get a picture  jumping. Bart got every part of the jump except my amazingly high vertical but I'll forgive him.
  (Nic, Ryan, and Bart - you are not allowed to comment on my super high jumping skills ;)).


And then I agreed that yes, it is 5 o'clock somewhere.  Let's live it up.


So we took some senior pictures ;)  (Seriously, the hubs sure is a hottie.) 


We also did fun things like play ping-pong

and miniature golf, that started like this

  but ended like this.  But lets not talk about that.


Mainly, I laid out here. And read Shelter Me. And listened to the two chatty cathy's that told stories about their 40-something selves late night adventures out on the town. The men they met. The girl who might have done this or that. And then one burped, loud, and I tried not to be grossed out and not to laugh out loud at the same time.  But mainly, I laid in the sun and soaked up every minute of relaxation I could. 

Seriously, doesn't sunshine just make everything a little better! Somehow, I think it does.  That and the fact that I kicked my hubby's booty in ping-pong more than once. Maybe twice.


6 comments:

  1. I love taking this trip vicariously with you! Looks like so. much. fun. And you know I always appreciate the virtues of eavesdropping. It's the best (and cheapest?) form of entertainment! Did you like the book???

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1 word..Jealous. Ok, but you look sooo happy and relaxed. :) Lucky girl. I need a sunshine state trip I think. Glad you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable jumping beach pics - I'm not jealous at ALL! ;)

    so glad you were able to have some fun in the sun together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to have b&b time...very important! I am so glad you had fun and enjoyed the joy of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cody and I are laughing at your pictures.... i m retelling your story:) Love ya thanks for hanging with me for hours and hours, i mean you really had no choice in the matter but I enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. can i comment on your awesome jumping skills?

    uncle micah

    ReplyDelete