The Baby Whisperer
(Bryce, not my my dad...although, thinking of it, I've never met a kid that doesn't stop crying when they see my dad. Maybe they both are. But for the point of this story, it's Bryce)
A few of you know, getting Camden to eat (period) what I am serving is not always a pleasant experience. If it's tortellini, toast, cheese, french fries (ugh), chicken nuggets (sigh), fruit, or processed meat (ehh) he'll eat it. Anything else is "ack"ed or "enntt"ed at. I suppose I should consider that a pretty good list from what I've heard from other parents, but really, who wants tortellini or hot dogs every night?
So, last week we were eating and Camden started 'ennnttt'-ing and I gave Bart the 'I can't handle this, he doesn't even like grilled cheese' look. I guess Bryce saw the look and said "Mommy, he wants your water." I proceeded to tell him "No, no, it's not my water, he just doesn't like his food" and Camden continued to 'eennntt' at me. I tried feeding him, I tried everything, and then in a last ditch effort I forked over my bottled water. Well, what would you know, it was exactly what he wanted.
Then yesterday, after totally disassembling his entire piece of pizza he started whining "no, no, no." I was about to get him out of his high chair when Bryce whispered to Bart "he wants grapes." I said "I don't have any grapes." Bryce said "what about cherry yo-gret (yogurt)." I checked and we had strawberry, Bryce complied that strawberry was close enough to cherry that Camden would accept that. I walked around the corner, yogurt in hand, and Camden started laughing in delight.
Bryce then reminded Bart that I should know what to do when Camden is not happy because I watched a video about having the happiest toddler on the block. I told Bryce to go sit in timeout for bringing it up ;)
I sure am happy I have the Baby Whisperer around...now I'm just hoping for the Happiest Toddler (At The Dinner Table) On The Block!




oh girlie...having a picky eater is the worst. i should know i have one too!
ReplyDeleteI wonder if we could contract bryce out to other parents to interpret for their kids. We could make big bucks!
ReplyDelete-bart
niiiice! it's amazing what those older siblings pick up on!
ReplyDeleteAdorable comments from an adorable boy!
ReplyDelete