Thursday, April 1, 2010

Weekly Round-Up

Things I've learned recently:

The best way to keep my kids happy while grocery shopping is to buy them a muffin before we start shopping. Sit down and eat it together and they are happy for an hour. No joke my friends, it works every time.

photo by precisionnutrition.com

There is no such thing as being too blonde. Not on my head anyways. Well once there was but it was mixed with red streaks and I looked like a candy cane - but other than that, blonde is good.


Every time I hear "Forever" by Chris Brown all I can envision is that wedding video of the whole bridal party dancing to it -- and then later, The Office edition. Do you guys do that too?


I thought "every time" was one word. When did it become two? :)


Being a Mom, owning a business, being a daughter of business owners, and being a pastor's wife are not easy -- but the Lord knew I could handle it. He made me who I am, perfect in my imperfection. I will never be able to make everyone happy - but I can make Him happy and that's all that matters.



Sunny skies and warm weather make me sooooo happy. Although, I've known this all of my life.


The new teasing brush that my best bud got me is my new favorite thing. I heart it!

photo and brush from divavillage.com


I will always, always, always love Dancing With The Stars -- even if that crazy Kate is on there.


I so want to learn how to use my camera better. I love it, I'm just awful at sitting down and reading how to use it.


I need to get off the computer and do something with my hubby. I mean, right now.


Have a great evening friends, sorry it's been so far and in between on my blogging. Thanks for sticking with me :)




13 comments:

  1. I've missed you. Great list. I know about the everytime. Only spell checker helps me get it right:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back doll. :) DWTS...LOVE IT...but wish Kate would get the boot. What in the world happened this week? Poor Shannan Doherty. Still addicted to that show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really shouldn't post a picture of yourself with a diaper on your head and not offer an explanation....it's just not nice.

    Also - my hair girl told me about that teasing brush. It seems like a great idea! Especially for someone (like you) who actually takes the time to do her hair! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - Whenever I see that wedding dance thing to that song, whether it's the original or the Office version, it makes me cry.

    Any ideas why? I have no clue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! You are a pastors wife? I love that about you. Glad to see you again!
    Hugs,
    Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love random posts! Good tip on the grocery store! Keeping my little buggers happy usually does involve FOOD! Oh and, I recently posted "diaper hat" photos too :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list! Sunshine and warm days are the BEST!

    I love the muffin trick ; ) Jake usually gets a "sample" cookie from the bakery - it keeps him occupied for the whole shopping trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the honest, heart on your sleeve posts! and diapers on your head... that is me! ;)
    Sunshine makes me happy to... I keep telling Mr. McFunny I NEED to move to California!! =)
    I want to get married all over again so I can do that wedding party dance... except I don't really dance! ... but I loved it anyway and I would really have loved to have been there dancing right along! =)
    Just another perfectly Imperfect mom! =) Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with so many of the things you wrote...especially the word every thing...when did that happen:-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have more than one picture with a diaper adorning my head- glad I'm not the only one! Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. FUN post!!! "forever" always = wedding + The Office!! LOVE dancing with the stars, but i wish melissa was the host, not brooke. and, i'm the same way with my camera - i WANT to learn more, but..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the list and warm sunny days are my favorites too:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that he busted you a teasing brush. How did he know? ;) Do you like it? Love the photos, the one in the flower garden is beautiful. Great colors, great smiles!

    ReplyDelete