Monday, February 7, 2011

Soul Food

A little "soul food" is good for everyone right? I think so...so I thought I'd fill you in on what I have been devoting a lot of my extra time to recently. Maybe you've heard of it...or maybe not...but my time has been filled with many "fun" hours of a  Soul Restoration online course that Brave Girls Club recently began.  Actually this is their first online course, and after I had finished one week of doing it I was certain I would recommend it to anyone.  



I know that God has been shaping my heart, changing me, chipping away, day by day, to get me to this point and this Soul Restoration course came at the perfect time.  It's making me see beyond my fears and failures and into the truth. I, now on week 4, would recommend it to every girl/woman who wants to be brave. Even when it seems impossible...or, even if it seems possible, but you just don't know how to get there.  Just give it a whirl if you've been thinking about it...you will NOT be disappointed! 



And a side note: There is a lot of "crafting" and journaling in this course.  I don't know how much I am allowed to show, but I thought I would show you a page from one of my journals. It's so much fun! (And in case you are worried just by reading that, it doesn't have to be perfect...it's more about the process :))


Besides fun, crafting stuff...this is what the snow looked like outside our basement door last week! AHHH! Don't you love the imprint of the door...and the leaves that apparently are still floating around on our deck. haha. 

Indiana...will you be kind to me and bring Spring early?  I think a lot of us would appreciate it.  But just in case you won't, I've been whipping up stuff in the crock pot. (I mean, doesn't a good crock pot meal make those long dreary days a little easier and yummier.)  Aren't you proud? I don't know why you would be...but I am :) Tonight I have a feeling the fam is going to like this one...and you will too! 

  
I'm making Chicken Taco Salad with this oh so very easy recipe for:

Mexican Crock Pot Chicken

4 frozen, bonelesss skinless chicken breast
1 pack taco seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 can of water, or as needed

Pop everything in the crock pot, either on high for 4 or 5 hours, or low for 8 or 10.


Seriously, this chicken is so good and taste like it's straight from a Mexican restaurant (like my beloved Mazatlan).  Make it, use it on nachos, in tacos, or on a taco salad -- and again, I promise, you will love it!  

And just in case this post wasn't random enough...
I'm sure I will bring you more later.  Maybe even about The Bachelor? And why Michelle hasn't been kicked off yet. Seriously, she's crazy. And if I had your phone number I'd text you 20 times to tell you during the show ;)  




8 comments:

  1. So glad you got that snow instead of us. Shame on me! I hope that Brave Girl course was really good. I remember you asking me about camp last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU ARE SO CRAFTY!!!!!! I lovvvve that mini scrapboook!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made that chicken for the first time a couple of weeks ago. YUM! Then I used the left-overs and made yummy chicken taco soup!

    ps - Michelle is truly SCAAAAAAARY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle is down right nasty, not nice girl and I'm convinced it's a ratings thing! It's roughing up my opinion of whether or not I should even be watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed your post....it made me smile and think that maybe waking up at 4:00am and worrying about things I can not change is silly. Time to try and catch a few more winks!
    Spring is coming

    ReplyDelete
  6. That page is awesome :) :) That crock pot recipe is on my list for this week!
    I'm super interested in looking into that online course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. looks like a lovely project - so glad that it's been a joy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SO behind on Soul Restoration! I have sooo much to catch up on...and should've done it last week because this week I've got deadlines. Ugh. I love your project and so glad it's opening your mind, building your confidence and hearing God's voice.

    I seriously need that right now!!

    ReplyDelete