Let me start this post by saying, I mainly was "in the room" that the crafting was going on in. Let me also state, I thought I posted this blog last week. (Is there a worse blogger around?? ;))
My BFF, Erin (a.k.a. My Little Spazzerella), wanted to whip up a few pillows with the new colors in her bedroom. Which, let me say, gray and yellow may be a new favorite color pair for any bedroom. Love them. Good choice MLS.
So, my MLS asked my MOM ;) for some help. We all know, my mom may be the only one who knows what she is doing around a sewing machine when MLS and I get together. Seriously.
Here's my mom, ironing fabric. I highly dislike ironing, and apparently so does MLS.
Here's MLS cutting a million and a half circles for the flowers she wanted on her pillows :)
And here are the finished products...
And one of the flowers. Super cute!
And now for another story,
one of two years ago.
I saw a quilt in my mom's quilting magazine. It was "must have" in my opinion. My dreams got out of control, I thought that quilts magically sewn themselves together. In a land where girls did not have to touch a sewing machine, or cut 256 squares of fabric just to check the first instruction off the list. Fabric was bought. There was no turning back.
Actually there was no starting.
I often wandered into my Mom's sewing room and looked at the fabric, only to turn around and never think of it again. Maybe I thought my mom the magic elves in my dreamland would sew to their little hearts desire and the quilt would appear under the Christmas tree beautifully stitched together.
This did not happen, thus Saturday (two Saturday's ago :)) I finally started cutting squares. 256 squares to be exact.
Apparently, this is only the beginning.
May the force be with me. Stay tuned, this quilt will be finished by next year soon.
************************************************
Oh, and if you want to check out what I did last night you can go to Lindsay's or Shannan's blog. They brought their camera's. I did not. What would I do without the help of my friends :)
************************************************
Oh, and if you want to check out what I did last night you can go to Lindsay's or Shannan's blog. They brought their camera's. I did not. What would I do without the help of my friends :)




hahhahaha. I am still laughing about the quilt thing. I mean, seriously, I can so relate. I bought a sewing machine several years ago in much the same fashion.
ReplyDeleteThese pillows are awesome though!! SO cute!! I really should learn to sew.
I love Erin's pillows! It's a very fun color combo, indeed. In fact...I'm looking at it right now, on your backdrop!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with those squares. Your fabrics ROCK!!
I left my "almost finished" quilt at my mom's and it became a finished bday gift...hint. Just a thought :) Cant wait to see it. Love the bright fabrics.
ReplyDeleteI bought a sewing machine... a fancy one when my baby girl was a baby... 10 years ago!! ha ha! I have tackled some fun sewing projects... not nearly as many as I dreamed of... or big as I dreamed of... but a quilt is on my MUST do soon list... or I never will... I want to sew my little girl a quilt before it is too late!! *sigh* maybe this summer???! =) I can't wait to see progress!! wink wink!
ReplyDelete