Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Disc Golf

The rain is falling outside while I sit here listening to Taylor Swift on Pandora radio.  I couldn't be more thankful for rain, our lawn has been crying for it. And really, let's not talk about my flower pot. It's been crying for some form of water for weeks, and now -- well, you know. 



This morning I invited myself to join my hubby and his brother to a round of disc golf.  I thought it would be fun to go and take pictures since Brycey was already planning to go with them.  

(What's disc golf you ask?  Well it's golfing with a disc (or Frisbee if you aren't being all technical).)  


We did a lot of walking.  A lot. 


I pushed this boy around in his stroller and am pretty sure my calves and hamstrings are going to be screaming tomorrow.



I was surprised how many trees and woods they had to shoot in.  Do you call it "shoot" in disc golf? 

Bryce is learning how to play.  I'm sure he is better than me.  I just try to stay out of the way and enjoy the free workout... 


and the view!



...or get glared at ;)



After the first 9 holes there is a little park that the hubby normally lets B take a break and play at.  We stopped for 5 minutes and played in the sand and went down the slide a couple of times. 



The last 9 holes seemed to all be uphill.  No joke.  But to be honest, I thought it was fun.  It was nice to walk around and watch the boys have a fun time.


I might even invite myself again!

Happy rainy day y'all!  Or at least I hope it continues to rain for awhile, I need to get some Taylor Swift listening in. 

7 comments:

  1. Some people really really take that stuff seriously. My Honey almost got in a scuffle when he moved someone's disc...that HIT our car! Ah memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best worst day ever! ha. your welcome for keeping my cool. normally you would have heard my shouts of angry from miles away.
    -Uncle Micah

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun idea. Where did you go?

    ReplyDelete
  4. George Wilson Park in Osceola. They are all around though. Oxbow has a course.

    -Bart

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun way to spend time with the family. I've never heard of it but i'm always up for trying something new! especially when I get exercise while doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't played frisbee golf in forever. I had never even heard of it until I moved to Colorado after college.

    ReplyDelete