Friday, June 18, 2010

A little funk

I've been in a funk recently.

I don't really know what is going on.

I've felt my heart stings being pulled for awhile now. I know that the Lord is up to something. I know He has plans and some days I feel they are closer than others. Not that I don't want to live in the moment - because really, I don't want to pass up the moment of time I am in as He is using these moments to mold me - but I want to know what's going on.

Geesh, is that so hard to ask? ;) Or maybe I don't want to know?! Either way is a tad bit scary I guess...well, scary in a good way.

So yes, I've been in a funk and I need out of it.

How do you get out of a bad day, er week, funk?
Do you just want to sit on the beach with your hubby, read books, and ask each other silly questions? That seems to be my resolve for a funk. Now all I need to do is find a beach!

7 comments:

  1. She's beautiful! And you are becoming quite the budding photographer. I gotta get ya to take pics of my girls :) Is it really all about the camera? Where/how did you take a course on photography? I'd love to take a class and learn a few tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is precious! How do I get out of a funk?? Buy a new CD!!! Good music ALWAYS helps me get out of yucky funkiness and put the GOOD funkiness back in. Two recently-discovered great CD's I've been listening to regularly: Justin Moore (debut CD with Small Town USA, and Backwoods)....it's a GREAT, feel good, down-home, let your hair down, drive through the country kinda music. Gungor- Beautiful Things......unique, beautiful, relaxing, praise & worship-ish. (I'm also going to be giving some copies away on my blog in the near future. yay).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Janet - Music is usually just what I need to lift my sprits -

    Hope the funk leaves you soon - I totally understand, I've been fighting my own funk off and on the past few weeks.

    Maybe you and your honey are due for a day-time date to the pool, just the two of you? (that's next weeks re-ignite date suggestion btw!!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a doll!!! Did you take those photos??? They are awesome!
    And to cure my bluey-blues (that is a phrase from Wubbzy -sad!) I plan a girls night out or a date night or BOTH!!!! That should do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the beach is exactly how I cure a funk... =)
    with my hubby ... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh girl I hear ya. I get in funks. I was just in one recently. Those pics were adorable. A few minutes holding that precious one...just may pull you out:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your tips guys -- I'll take anything :) And thanks for the compliments on the pics! I had so much fun taking them.

    Mindi - I'll send ya an email. :)

    ReplyDelete