Friday, November 16, 2012

Be You

(Just a reminder that it's good to be silly everyday! And I love this picture.  Thanks Brittani Renee!!)

I get these daily reminders from Brave Girls Club and I love getting them.  Today's is such a great reminder for every woman everywhere, so I thought I would share it.  Don't rush life.  Don't try to move faster than what you are supposed to. Be happy in your skin.  Take joy in what is. Love who you are! I know it's not easy, everyone struggles with wanting to be different...believe me, I have a whole list of how I wish I was different. But here's the thing, a couple of years ago I decided that maybe it's ok to accept the myself ...flaws and all...and I'm glad I did, or at least try my best.

So today, I wish the same for you. Today I wish the same for me. 


Dear Just-Right Girl,

Every age has its gifts. Every decade brings new opportunities.
Every season of your life has a purpose.

Try not to wish your years away, wishing you were younger, or older, 
wishing the signs of aging would go away, or wishing you could get
through this phase of your life in a flash.

The world needs more women who embrace their wrinkles, or who 
love their time at home when their children are small, or who know 
the power of wisdom gained through being alive for so many years, 
and who are absolutely comfortable in their skin. The world needs 
more women who sing through life's winters, who dance even though
their bodies jiggle, who count the laugh lines as decades of wonderful 
memories.

We are women. We are brave and we are beautiful and we are real.
Let's be happy exactly where we are, now and at every age. 
When we can adore each phase of our own life, we give each other
encouragement to do the same--wrinkles, cellulite, crying children, 
loads of laundry,bifocals, and all.

You are absolutely gorgeous and your heart is even more
stunning, Don't ever forget it.

You are so loved.
xoxo

A message from your friends at the 
Brave Girls Club - www.bravegirlsclub.com

3 comments:

  1. what a totally awesome family pic!!

    i get the daily inspirations from brave girls too! so fun. :)

    guess what?! i've started a brand spank'n new personal blogg'n spot now that i finally feel that i've found a good rhythm and balance with my business(i decided to permanently retire wonder woman wannabe)

    stop by and say 'hi' sometime!

    your long lost bloggy buddy,
    Heidi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey girl! i've been wondering how you are doing...I will go over to your new blog and say hey! :)

    ReplyDelete