Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August Rundown

It's August 21st -- and I'm so sad that the summer seems to be coming to a close!  I know it's still August but geesh, I want it to be June. 

So far August has been full and fun!


A week ago we took the boys on a last minute...as in, 8 o'clock at night trip to a local state park for a night of camping and s'mores and a morning of hiking trails.  I love hiking and just being outdoors, it was nice to just be out and about in the wilderness enjoying each others company. 

The boys even slept next to each other without fighting...hallelujah! And I didn't barf (even though I wanted to) when Camden picked up a random toothbrush and put it in his mouth at our campsite! What the what?!? I seriously about flipped! 



My oldest baby had his first day of Kindergarten last Friday!


He came home and said it was so much fun that he couldn't wait to go back! That makes school on this mama a whole lot easier.


Bryce was in a soccer clinic that just ended.  Both boys seem to like soccer a lot so I wanted to be sure to get them, or at least Bryce for now, on the soccer field.  The first week was shaky, I didn't know if he was even going to end up going on the field. But by the second week he was all about it. I was proud of him for being brave when he didn't want to be.  He did great.


He even told me he thanked his coach for taking time to coach him.  Man, I have an awesome little boy. 

  
My cutie brother-in-law and his girlfriend got engaged!!! I couldn't be happier for them.  Not only are they stinking adorable, they are going into marriage focused on having a God centered relationship.  I love that about both of them. Now I'm really looking forward to next summer!


Happy August to all you summer lovers...
We've got a few more days,
LIVE IT UP!




3 comments:

  1. Kindergarten already?! I think it's great that he loves school! I hope that Eli does one day too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to catch up on your beautiful life.

    ReplyDelete